CYRACOM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
APPLYING FOR A JOB AT CYRACOM
Employee Interpreters work in our call centers in Tucson, Phoenix, Houston, Tampa, Queens, Las Cruces, or remotely from home if living outside these cities. Employee interpreters receive paid training, benefits, support from coaches, and a community of interpreters working together.
Independent Contractors often speak a less common language, only work from their own homes, and make their own hours. However, independent contractors need professional experience, such as at least two of the following:
- Interpretation experience
- Professional certification and training
- A two- to a four-year degree in interpretation
- Higher education both in the United States and in programs taught in the other working language
- Experience in relevant areas other than interpretation (e.g. healthcare)
Check out our Independent Contractor page for more information.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have a GED, high school diploma, or higher education
- Pass the Language Skills Checkup
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have legal documents proving their right to work in the United States
An ideal interpreter candidate communicates accurately in two languages and learns and memorizes new words easily.
Click here and start searching by location! Once you find the location you’re interested in, click on the link, read the job description, and then click “Apply for this position.”
If the language you are looking for is not posted, we may not be currently hiring for that language.
That said, we are growing and continually adding languages to our available positions, so check back frequently! You can also check our remote positions to see if you meet the qualifications to work outside of our contact centers.
A social media account claiming to be from CyraCom asked me to mail them money for interpreter training and/or asked for my social security number. Should I send it?
This isn’t us! We will never request bank details or other sensitive information (e.g., social security number) over social media, and our training does not cost you anything – we pay you to take it!
Please be cautious. Scams are on the rise, including those targeting people who are looking for a career. Make sure you only message official accounts, and never share sensitive personal information on social media.
WORKING FOR CYRACOM
What safety protocols have you implemented during the pandemic to protect your onsite employees from COVID-19?
We have bolstered our already robust cleaning, health, and wellness procedures by:
- Recommending that face coverings are to be worn in all common areas of the building. You may choose not to wear your mask while in your workstation
- Reducing the number of and spreading out chairs and tables in the breakrooms
- Providing hand sanitizer
- Performing temperature checks with a temperature scanner at main entrances
- Encouraging social distancing and vaccine adoption
Your work space will need to be quiet, uninterrupted, and secure to make sure other members of your household don’t have access to private client and company information. You’ll also need:
- Secure landline phone
- High-quality headset
- Computer with high-speed internet to access CyraCom’s operations site and dictionaries
Whether you’re a night owl or early bird, we’ve got you covered. We give you the opportunity during the interviewing process to let us know your scheduling preferences. Please note that during the training period, your schedule will likely be 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, and you’ll pick up your selected schedule immediately afterward.
Yes, we do!